Thursday 30 October 2014

Shop 9, Degraves St Melbourne

0401 408 168

Have you ever had one of those moment when you randomly crave for something? Well the other day I had one of those moment, and I was craving for waffle.

At home back in Thailand, on Sunday morning my mother used to make the typical American food for us. These includes waffle sausage, egg, and crunchy bacon. I know, we are not really the typical Asian family who get up in the morning and have a big blow of rice porridge. But hey every family have their own tradition and American breakfast on Sunday morning is my family kind of tradition.

Waffles with ice cream
I guess, having my family kind of tradition is the reason what consequence me to randomly crave for waffle on the Saturday morning. Usually on Saturday morning at 7am (yes, I don't sleep-in) I will walk out the door and catch a train to the city to do my grocery shopping at Queen Victoria Market (QVM). After grocery shopping, I walked down from North Melbourne to Flinders street railway station. Waffle on is located just across the street from Flinders station. The reason why I decided to goes to Waffle on to satisfy my craving was that it was on of the very few places that open at 8am.

The Canadian
I am sure, many of you out there too have the same issue as I am, that is sweet tooth. I love sweet, if I am not a girl nor nutrition freak I am sure I will have a big bucket of chocolate ice cream for breakfast every day. Unfortunately, we live in the real word and such fantasy is only available once a week (well for me anyway). I decided to ordered the Canadian, which is waffle top with ice cream and maple syrup. By looking at the picture, seriously I am in my wonderland. The waffles was so nicely cook. When serve, it is still slightly warm, crispy and golden brown on the outside and in the inside, it was just pillowy and melt away in my mouth. The combination of good quality maple syrup and vanilla ice cream satisfy my sweet buds. Yet, not too overly sweet that made me think of my work out later in the day. It was simply ludicrous to have this waffle to start the day.

Waffle with ice cream and fudge chocolate
My friend who came with me to QVM ordered waffle with ice cream and fudge chocolate. This one here, I felt that the combination of chocolate fudge and ice cream was slightly too sweet. And possibly because the idea of chocolate, ice cream and waffle is weighted toward desert more than breakfast. I felt that this mix was too much even for sweet tooth like myself.

Two waffle at price of less than $10 each
To closure, Waffle on offers waffles with wide ranges of topping. The waffle here is everything that a waffle should be. Crispy golden brown on out side, pillowy soft and melt inside. When serve the aroma of it, activate your taste buds so effectively that you don't even care who you are eating in front of.

To make things even better, Waffle on is own and operate by French. So other than their sensational waffle, Waffle on also offer superb baguettes which I too must give it a try. Waffle on, you gave me a gracious experience!

Waffle On on Urbanspoon

Waffle On on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment